Light Vessel 21 was recently awarded the Best Heritage Project at the Medway Culture and Design Awards. The Fuse Festival finale performance Focal Point also won in the Performing Arts category, an accolade we share with our collaborators Scarabeus and The World Famous.
The judges described LV21 as “an exciting venue that knocks you out” and the ship was also commended in 3 other categories – Outstanding Achievement, Best Newcomer and Partnership Working. It’s been a busy first year for us and it’s always nice to get recognition for the progress that we have made to date. In true award winning fashion there are a number of people and organisations we would like to thank for helping us along the way:
• Dave and Petra – KT
• Brian Packham – ex crew member
• John Kempton – Medway Queen
• Kate Hazel, Dawn Archer & Mandy Thwaites – Medway Fuse Festival / Medway Arts Team
• Emma Wilcox – Kent Arts Development Unit
• Our collaborators to date including Scarabeus, The World Famous, Periplum
• Andrew Baldwin – sculptor
• Peter Chapman & Roy Brooks – Intrada Engineering / Scotline
• Mick Clarke – GPS
• Ed Woollard – HMS2 Project
• Kent Probation community payback
• Tuttle101 and Tipple101 community
• Colin Turner – radio operator – and Hilary for keeping us eating well!
• And of course the LV21 ShipMates, family and friends
No doubt we’ve missed someone off the list so apologies in advance.
We have some exciting projects planned for the coming weeks and into the new year. Announcements to follow soon.